Wrecks and Impounds
If you are involved in a wreck you can call or come by our office Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm to make sure we have all the correct documentation from your Insurance Company to start the process on your vehicle. If you have Full Coverage, Comprehensive, and Collision coverage you will need:
2. Proof of your Insurance Coverage (Insurance Card)
3. Proof of Ownership of the vehicle in question
4. Name and number to the Agent handling your claim
5. Claim Number
Once the office has received the documentation that is required, we will then make copies of the necessary paperwork to put with your Invoice and you will then be given a Property Release Form to fill out to be able to obtain the Personal Property from your vehicle.
If for some reason your vehicle has a HOLD on it by the Law Officers in said jurisdiction in which you had the accident, the office cannot release any personal property nor would anyone be able to see or be around that particular vehicle until we are notified by the Law Officer that worked the wreck that the hold has been lifted and then at that point we can then proceed with normal procedures with the said vehicle.
LIABILITY INSURANCE ONLY
If you only have Liability Insurance only then all the fees are your responsibility. These include the Tow Bill, Storage Fees, and Labor if any. Storage fees start from the time the vehicle enters the Tow Yard and accrues daily storage fees until the bill is Paid in Full. If for some reason you cannot pay the Wrecker Bill then you can turn a CLEAN TITLE over for the payment of the Wrecker Bill, but it has to be in the registered owner name. You cannot turn over a title that has a LEIN on it for payment. If you as well as someone else is on the title with you and you want to turn over for the Wrecker Bill, we will have to have the signature and license of both parties.
VEHICLE IMPOUNDS BY THE CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
If your vehicle has been impounded by the City Police Department before you can retrieve your vehicle you will have to do the following:
1. Go to the City Police Department and show them the required paperwork to receive a RELEASE FORM
2. Release Form
4. Current Registration
5. Cash Only on Impounds
6. The said vehicle will only be released to the rightful owner
7.** After 60 Days the vehicle becomes property of the Wrecker Service**
8. Storage fees start from the time the vehicle enters the Tow Yard and accrues storage fees each day until the vehicle is retrieved by the owner.
PRIVATE PROPERTY IMPOUNDS
If your vehicle has been impounded by Private Property Owners, you will need:
1. Current Proof of Registration to said vehicle
2. Current License
3. Cash Only
4. Will be released to registered owner ONLY!
5. After 60 days vehicle will become the property of the Wrecker Service
6. Storage fees start from the time the vehicle enters the Tow Yard and accrues storage fees each day until the vehicle is retrieved by the owner.
7. Cannot retrieve any private property until the Wrecker Bill is paid in full On all IMPOUNDS if your registration is in the vehicle we will be glad to retrieve that property for you and it will be retrieved by an employee of Randy’s Towing. Only the registration is allowed to be gotten out of the vehicle at that time until the bill is paid.